rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, July 30, 2010

Emergency ke?

Received an email this morning:


EMERGENCY

From:
arina < xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com >
To: zimi <
xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com >

Dear,

Hope you get this on time, sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to Spain for a program. I am having some difficulty here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel which contained some cash, credit cards and some other valuable things. I am so confused right now.

I need you to assist me with a loan of (2,500 Euros) to sort-out my hotel bills and get myself back home. I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, i will refund the money back to you as soon as i return, let me know if you can be of any help? ASAP.
I currently don't have a phone where i can be reached.
please let me know immediately.


Its a scam email!! (arina, bile mase ko gi Spain nihh?)


Ni lak contoh scam emel yg ze bg:

Scam Email

Hello,

Hope you get this on time? Sorry I didn’t inform you about my trip to the United Kingdom for a program, I’m presently in Surrey and am having some difficulties here because I misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. Presently my passport and my things are been held down by the hotel management pending when i make payment.

I will like you to assist me with a loan of 1,928GBP to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with, I’ll refund the money back to you as soon as I return,let me know if you can be of any help? ASAP. I should have called you to explain better but as it is now things are really tight but I will make special effort to call you when I receive help from you.

Intended Victim’s email response

How much is that in American money? and where do I send it to?

Scam Email Response

Hi,

Thanks so much for the prompt response. I can’t even make any call cause I do not have any money with me, I have contacted the US Embassy here in UK but was told they have a lot at hand due to the terrorist alert so can’t attend to my case now.

The total amount in USD is $3350.I will greatly appreciate any amount you can help me with. I promise to pay back immediately I get back to US.I have contacted my bank in the US but they haven’t gotten back to me and its taking long.

You are the only one left that have got. You can send money to me by western Union Fund Transfer with my information which is below.

Name…….
Address… .50 Regent street, London …W1B 5RD

Please let me know immediately you send the funds along with the full details such as western union control number, text question and answer.

I will be glad with any amount you can help me with.

Thanks

Intended Victim’s email response

Is there anyway I can just transfer money from my bank account to your bank account? Or is it possible you can send me a copy of your driver’s license so that I know you are really …….. thanks.

Sama je kan? The conclusion is, even the email sender is our beloved friends, that doesn't mean it really is! Beware!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kalo ko nak bagi duit kat aku...call je aku tau

fadhilah said...

haha bape sen ko nak?

Post a Comment